Sunday, January 29, 2006

Paperboy

Recently, I was complaining about the inconvenient delivery schedule of Le Monde with a friend who is currently interning there. Somedays it comes with the mail, somedays it comes the night before (like it should: for example on Wednesday evening I will get Thursday's paper), sometimes it comes the day after, sometimes it doesn't come at all. Exasperated, I asked, "Why can't y'all just have paperboys?"

And it was like a blur went over his eyes as he grasped for the word...paperboy...paperboy...paperboy

Until finally he responded, "Ah! Like the game!"

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I present a screenshot of one of my favorite games ever:


This game rocks. I should get an old Genesis just to play it (along with Mortal Kombat). My favorite character was the Grim Reaper.

Anyways. We got into a funny discussion of the game, how much we loved it, and how yes, there really are paperboys in the US. Although now at home it's a paper...person? In a car, not on a bike. But nevertheless, the paper comes in the morning! Rain, snow, or shine! And even on (gasp) Sundays! (side rant: Sunday papers are my favorite. I hate the Weekend/Saturday-Sunday editions with no comics or sales ads. Boo.)

And since we're on the topic of all-time favorite old school video games, how could I forget about Wolfenstein?!

Now I must go peruse CL for Genesis systems in the Paris region...
Categories: ,

No comments: