Thursday, February 23, 2006

Assorted Drinks


I've been meaning to do a post about this for awhile. I love Perrier's Cherry-Ginger "Fluo" drink. It is like Cherry 7Up (remember that?) + Canada Dry Ginger Ale. Yum. I don't know if they have it in the states yet but it's about 70 or 80 cents for an individual bottle (the only size it seems to come in) and I would definitely recommend it for any Ginger Ale or Cherry 7Up fans.

And since I'm on the subject of drinks, allow me to rave about La Tisanière, my favorite brand of tea over here (since I can't find Celestial Seasonings or Traditional Medicinals anywhere). Why do I love this brand of tea so much? Flavor, flavor, and oh yeah did I mention great flavor? Lipton, Twinings, and the generic brand just don't compare. This brand might seem more expensive but the individual bags contain more tea; when I was using Lipton infusions I kept wondering why they came out so weak, but it seems like teabags are smaller here than in the states. I guess I'll have to do some research before I back that up. If you like fruity teas I would recommend "fruits rouges" (red fruits) or "cassis fraise" (strawberry-blackcurrant). The Red Fruits tea is a delicious blend of strawberry, cherry, raspberry. Both will make your apartment smell like there's a strawberry shortcake cooking in the oven, and they are perfect on rainy afternoons. You don't even need to add honey or sugar - they're not sweet but they've got such a great flavor all on their own!

If fruity teas aren't your thing, there is also the Chamomile tea. I love this in the mornings or even on a cold night. La Tisanière also has a "Well-being" line, but I'm a bit apprehensive about buying tea with names like "Line & Beauty" or "for Light Legs". That's just one step too close to "Female Toner" or "Women's Liberty". These names just sound too gimmicky, even though I love the other teas that this particular company (Traditional Medicinals) offers, particularly the Cold Care line.
tags: ,

No comments: