Friday, June 13, 2008

Au Cheval Blanc

Recently had the most amazing, amazing meal I have had in a long time at the Cheval Blanc. I didn't take pictures except for this, but trust me. Five "official" courses, with wine pairings and all the in betweens. Fantastic service, inviting setting, love love loved it. Currently one-starred but I don't see why it can't earn another soon enough. Above is a photo of just one (yes, ONE!) of the amazing desserts that was on our menu. They called this the grand dessert, and each person at the table got this sampling of their sweets. Simply Amazing. They have tons of specials going on now because of a recent change in owner and it is worth the short drive from Strasbourg (or Germany if that be the case).

Oh, and did I mention I'm back in Paris now! Can't wait to write about my first meal back!!!

Au Cheval Blanc
http://www.au-cheval-blanc.fr/
4, rue de Wissembourg
67510 LEMBACH
Tél. : +33 (0)3 88 94 41 86
Reservations essential.

3 comments:

bob said...

Love your writings and pictures here.

Visited Biche au Bois in the 12th due to this blog (a word i dislike), yr recommendation.

A delight.

Thanks.

travel notes said...

Yey, congratulations on your return to Paris!

Parisbreakfasts said...

WOWZA!!
Gorgeous pic